By Norm Fisher, March 21, 2014 - The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), released national sales statistics for the month of February, 2014 recently.
According to the CREA, “The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate Boards and Associations was little changed from January to February 2014, edging up just three tenths of one per cent. The February result follows five straight monthly declines and leaves activity 9.3 per cent below the peak reached in August 2013.”
Highlights of CREA’s report
- National home sales edged up 0.3% from January to February.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 1.9% above February 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes edged up 0.6% from January to February.
- The national average sale price rose 10.1% on a year-over-year basis in February.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.1% year-over-year in February.
Read the entire report on Canadian MLS® sales for February, 2014.
Copyright Norm Fisher Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate