Headstart on a Home
Entry Level Housing Project Financing
Secured loans to finance the construction cost of entry-level housing units are available through this program. There is no requirement of upfront presale of housing units, and loans to Developers/Builders subject to an annual 4% fixed rate of interest.
HeadStart on a Home (HeadStart) is the largest economic program announced by the Government of Saskatchewan in the last decade to address entry-level housing in the province. With over $200 million in funding, the program will create a minimum of 1,000 new entry-level homes across Saskatchewan over the next five years.
The HeadStart program, managed by Westcap Mgt Ltd offers:
- Secured loans to finance the construction cost of entry-level housing units
- No requirement of upfront presale of housing units Loans to Developers/Builders subject to an annual 4% fixed rate of interest
- A 10% minimum equity requirement by Developers/Builders
- Target sale price at, or below, the MLS average sale price for the Municipality, expected to be in the range of $180,000 – $300,000
- Housing units must be owner-occupied
Applications must be received from a Municipality. Developers must work with their local Municipality to prepare an application specific to their project.
WestCap Mgmt is the fund manager for the Government of Saskatchewan investment.
Please contact Westcap Mgmt for more information.