Rental Development Program
The Rental Development Program (RDP) provides a forgivable loan to sponsors (owners/developers) that want to build affordable rental housing and provide supports to low-income households in communities with a demonstrated need. The loan is forgiven over a period of up to 20 years, depending on the amount of the loan.
Rental Development Program funding is allocated through a Request for Proposals.
For Sponsors (owners/developers):
- May receive a forgivable loan for up to 70% of the total eligible capital cost of construction.
- Provides housing for individuals or families unable to maintain housing in the private market.
Please visit the Government of Saskatchewan website for more information on the Rental Development Program, including eligibility requirements.
How to apply
Proposals may be submitted through a Request for Proposal process. The date of the next Proposal call has not been identified. During the call for proposal period, sponsors must:
- Confirm that your organization and project are eligible for the Rental Development Program.
- Download and complete the Rental Development Program Application Booklet.
- Submit the Application Booklet:
By Fax: 306-933-5374
By Email: RDP@gov.sk.ca
By Mail: Saskatchewan Housing Corporation
222 First Avenue
Saskatoon, SKS7K 1X2
Note: Saskatchewan Housing Corporation (SHC) is not currently accepting applications.
Click here for more information on the Rental Development Program