The Saskatchewan Home Repair Program – Adaptation for Independence Program
The Saskatchewan Home Repair Program - Adaptation for Independence Program provides financial assistance to low-income homeowners or rental property owners to make a home more accessible for a person with a housing related disability
- Eligible homeowners and rental property owners may receive a forgivable loan of up to $23,000.
Rental property owners are eligible if they:
- rent the modified units to low-income households that include a person with a housing-related disability;
- maintain affordable rents based on Saskatchewan Housing Corporation’s rent schedule for the term of the loan; and
- have tenants with an annual household income at or below the limits established by Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.
- Repairs completed before receiving written approval from Saskatchewan Housing Corporation do not qualify for assistance.
- Eligibility will be affected if the title to the property has liens or judgments.
- Once approval is granted, work must be completed within six months.
- Modifications must be identified by a qualified health practitioner.
How to apply:
Repair and Renovation Application Form - Homeowner OR
Repair and Renovation Application Form - Rental
- Complete the application form
- Mail the completed application and required documents to:
Saskatchewan Housing Corporation
11th Floor – 1920 Broad Street
REGINA, SK S4P 3V6